On Friday 21 July, Belgium’s National Day is celebrated in Brussels with lots of activities. Everybody’s welcome to take part in the festivities in the city center! We at Hotel BLOOM! want you to fully enjoy the 21st of July. Therefore we compiled a handy overview of the most important celebrations.
- Concert of the Belgian National Orchestra at BOZAR (8 pm)
- The Bal National in the Marolles neighborhood, starting at 7 pm on the Place du Jeu de Balle. Join the ‘no frills no fuss’ festivities in the beating hart of this popular Brussels district!
The mass & the parade
- The Belgian Royal family kicks off the 21st of July at 10 am with a mass in the Cathedral of Saint Michael and Saint Gudula.
- Also in the morning, the traditional parade of the armed forces, police and emergency services takes place, with the aircraft flyover as a real highlight. Very impressive!
- Between the Royal Palace and the Palace of Justice, there’s entertainment all day and all night long: concerts, demonstrations, food trucks…. One huge national feast that you really don’t wanna miss!
- A great musical firework signals the end of an unforgettable day… which you’ll be glad you didn’t follow on TV!