Hotel BLOOM! and Harlan Levey Projects gallery are glad to introduce you the new energetic curatorial team who will coordinate the Penthouse Art Residency: Laurent De Meyer & Gatien Du Bois.
Laurent De Meyer:
- Active in the world of contemporary art since 1999
- Independent art dealer and art adviser to important European collectors based in Belgium and abroad
- Laurent deals with exhibitions in Brussels and surroundings in cooperation with numerous cultural organizations
- He also assists the Brussels organization Arkadia with their contemporary art visits and events
- Laurent has excellent reputation as a trusted contemporary art adviser.
- His projects: “My Own Curator”, “Concorde Performance” and his much liked facebook page “Jeudi je dis vernis”
- National and internatIonal collectors, gallerist and artist appreciate his experience, motivation and enthusiasm
Gatien Du Bois:
- Independent curator, writer and critic
- Graduated of the Académie Royale des Beaux-Arts de Bruxelles (ARBA-ESA) and a co-founder of Les Interstices, a series of exhibitions which has aimed, since April 2016, at engaging in reflection on the space where art is exhibited and on its relationship with the viewer
- He has recently set up two group shows at the Jozsa Gallery, celebrating the 10 year anniversary of this Brussels-located art gallery
- He was an assistant curator at the Musée d’Art Moderne de la Ville de Paris
- Current position: Art historian at the Atelier 34zero Muzeum in Jette (Brussels)
- Since 2016, Gatien developed curatorial and creative projects investigating relationships between aesthetics, power and technology; post-colonialism and geo-esthetical thinking; philosophical, cultural, social and political analysis of the contemporary; and the postures of disappearance in the field of art and literature
- His reflexions on art and art theory are published on his blog Holomodernism
Stay tuned for exciting exhibitions, artist talks, performances and open studio by following us!