Have you ever heard about Green Key!?
Green Key is a voluntary eco-label awarded to more than 2,500 hotels and other establishments in 55 countries. And you know what?! Since a few days, Hotel BLOOM! is proud to be part of it!
The Green Key award is the leading standard for excellence in the field of environmental responsibility and sustainable operation within the tourism industry. This prestigious eco-label represents a commitment by businesses that their premises adhere to the strict criteria set by the Foundation for Environmental Education. It stands for the promise to its guests that by opting to stay with the Green Key establishment, they are helping to make a difference on an environmental level.
Green Key officially aims to:
- Increase the use of environmentally friendly and sustainable methods of operation and technology in the establishments and thereby reduce the overall use of resources.
- Raise awareness and create behavioral changes in guests, staff and suppliers of individual tourism establishments.
Since several years, Hotel BLOOM! has developed many green initiatives in:
- Natural gas is the energy source for heating the hotel’s infrastructure and water. Not using oil fuel or diesel reduces CO2 emissions.
- Hotel BLOOM! uses environmental-friendly green electricity. Although more expensive, it further reduces CO2 emissions.
- The use of airco is limited by an automatic clock-system.
- All cleaning and washing products used in the hotel are safe and non-aggravating for the environment.
- The fats (in waste water) are filtered by special trays and collected by a registered firm. The firm then destroys them in an environment friendly way and the trays are treated with enzymes.
- Lamp bulbs, batteries and electrical devices are collected by Recupel.
- Paint and products alike are collected in containers.
- Paper, carton, glass and remainder waste get collected separately.
To learn more about Green Initiatives at Hotel BLOOM!, check here.