Since Hotel BLOOM! got the green key, we provide good advice to encourage companies to reduce waste during their event.
Here are some tips to avoid needless waste:
- Use technology to reduce paper waste at your meeting
- If you need printed materials, use recycled paper
- Print conference material on double-sided paper that is recycled.
- Ask speakers to use an overhead projector to present material instead of using a flip chart or hand-outs.
- Choose decoration and display materials that can be reused or recycled.
Picture from Pixabay
- Don’t order food that is not likely to be consumed by the majority or is not well-known.
- Re-evaluate dessert (about 60% of dessert get wasted)
- Drink from a reusable mug or water bottle
- Share eco-minded ideas with your attendees/coworkers
- Have an annual employee training workshop to keep employees informed about reuse and recycling policies and procedures.
Book your room at Hotel BLOOM!