After 30 successful editions, the Midis-Minimes Festival has become a tradition in Brussels during the months of July and August. The concept of this year’s 31st edition is still the same as before: at the Royal Music Academy of Brussels you can attend a classical concert during lunch time. Every week day, you can go to a 35 minute concert at 12:15 pm. The Midi-Minimes Festival offers a varied program with Belgian artists as well as musicians from abroad. You can expect diverse encounters with music from the middle ages to today.
As always, each day has its own theme:
- Monday: discovery (especially world music)
- Tuesday: old music
- Wednesday: music from the 18th century
- Thursday: music from the 19th and 20th century
- Friday: music from the 21ste century
We’re already looking forward to the concert of chambr music ensemble Oxalys with the French soprano Claire Lefilliâtre (14 July) and the piano week (24 to 28 July)!
Photo: Marco Borggreve
- Where: Royal Music Academy of Brussels
- When: until 31 August, every week day at 12:15 pm. It’s highly recommended to arrive 5 to 10 minutes before the start of the concert. Tickets can’t be booked in advance and are available on the day of the concert starting at 11:30 am.
- What: 35 minute lunch break concerts
- Entrance fee: 5 €. Different pass formulas are available.
- More information: www.midis-minimes.be