Next week it’s Valentine’s Day! If you’re thinking of doing domething romantic with your loved one, Brussels has so much to offer. But also for single people, 14 February is synonymous with fun and pleasure! Brussels loves you and the city has many spots and activities to discover. Let’s give you an overview:
Romantic walk in Brussels
- On foot:
- The Place Poelaert skyline: here you probably get the best wide view over Brussels. Take the lift down to the Marolles neighborhood and set off on a romantic stroll through the streets with all their vintage and antiques stores.
- The Jardin du Coeur is the Heart Garden at the Van Buuren Museum. It’s a green labyrinth where you can get lost with your love!
- The Peter Pan statue in the Parc d’Egmont, a lovely leafy space to escape to, hidden away with its tall trees and fine lawns. The former Orangery is a restaurant, where you can indulge in a copious brunch every weekend.
- By bike: you can rent a tandem bike at Cyclo. Because teamwork makes the dream work, doesn’t it? 🙂
- In a horse-drawn carriage: imagine yourself in a romantic fairytale and take an incredibly romantic ride through Brussels’ old historic streets and alleys!
Romantic things to do & to see in Brussels
- At the Heart Museum (Cinquantenaire Park) you’ll find a unique collection of stories and objects about the heart, carefully selected by a passionate cardiologist.
- BILY/Brussels I Love You is a contemprary art route through Ixelles and Saint-Gilles. From 11 to 18 February, it takes you to art galleries, auction houses, exhibition spaces, artists’ studios,… Love with a big “L” and Culture with a big “C”!
- Museum of Erotica and Mythology: if you like it a bit more spicy and special, you can go to the MEM to dive into the extraordinary world of erotic art.
Lovely places to eat & drink
Enjoy Valentine’s Day, Bloomies! 🙂
Source: Visit Brussels