We don’t know about you but we really can’t resist a yummie pasta or pizza from time to time! We’ve done some thorough research in our beloved city (solely for the purpose of this blog, of course!) so that we can now come up with a list of 10 great Italian places in Brussels!
So if you’re wondering where to eat Italian in Brussels, here’s our answer…
- Pasta Divina: little pasta heaven near the Grand Place with a convivial, warm atmosphere – Rue de la Montagne 16, 1000 Brussels – www.pastadivina.be
- Osteria Bolognese: very charming Italian place in the lively Matongé neighborhood. It’s strongly recommended to book your table well in advance! – Rue de la Paix 49, 1050 Brussels – www.osteriabolognese.be
- Divino: tiny ristorante in the vibrant Dansaert area with a laid-back atmosphere and affordable prices. There’s also a cosy terrace outside, which is certainly a plus! – Rue des Chartreux 56, 1000 Brussels – www.divinoresto.be
- La Piola: humble and charming restaurant in the heart of Chatelain, where the focus is on simplicity and quality. Just good food! They have a terrace in the back as well, perfect for sunny days! – Rue du Page 2, 1050 Ixelles www.lapiola.be
- Dolce Amaro: fine and raffinated Italian cuisine, here you get ‘the real Italy’ on your plate, delicioso! – Chaussée de Charleroi 115, 1060 Saint-Gilles – www.dolceamaro.be
- Il Sapore Della Dolce Vita: this is not a restaurant but a food truck where you can buy the best ‘piadine’ in town. A piadina is a traditional thin flatbread from the Romagna region in Italy, filled with typical Italian ingredients such as Parmesan cheese, ricotta, Parma ham, mortadella… You can spot the yellow truck of Il Sapore Della Dolce Vita on various markets in and around Brussels. On their Facebook page, you can keep track of their location.
- Pizza Saco: cosy pizzeria in Schaerbeek where the most delicious pizzas are prepared in a wood fired-oven. It’s only open in the evenings and you better book a table in advance because this place is a favorite of many locals from the neighborhood! – Avenue Milcamps 154, 1030 Schaerbeek – www.pizzasaco.com
- La Bottega Della Pizza: charming trattoria in Saint-Gilles, run by an Italian guy who won the award for ‘Best Pizza Maker In Belgium’ in 2013. So if you love pizza, you really have to check this place out! – Avenue Ducpétiaux 39, 1060 Saint-Gilles – www.facebook.com/Pizzeria-La-Bottega-Della-Pizza
- Posto Al Sole: very popular pizza place in Brussels, also called ‘Momo’ by the locals. Here you can try the famous ‘half metre’ pizza… if you dare! Bonus point: there’s a lovely spacious terrace as well, where your meal will taste even better! – Chaussée de Forest 122, 1060 Saint-Gilles
- Publico: a taste of the mediterranean in the heart of Brussels, with nothing but fresh and simple ingredients – Rue des Chartreux 32, 1000 Brussels – www.publicobxl.be
Have you been to one of these Italian places yet? Or do you have any other tips for good ristorantes and trattorias in Brussels? Don’t hesitate to let us know!
Buon appetito! 🙂